Philip Schmassmann (MD)
MD-PhD student (2019-present)
1. Studying GBM tumor microenvironment response to innate immune stimulatory therapies including genetic in-vivo models and pharmacological agents.
2. Understanding the cellular composition of human GBM in a spatial manner using high depth RNA sequencing analysis with the goal of identifying novel immunotherapeutic targets.
Tomás Martins (M.Sc)
PhD Candidate (2018-Present)
1. Combination of CAR T cell therapy and paracrine GAM modulation in GBM using fourth generation CAR T cells and CD47-based innate immune checkpoint blockade
2. Screening and identification of GBM-targeting MR1-restricted T cell clones (in collaboration with De Libero Lab)
Manina Etter (MD)
Neurosurgery resident – PhD Student
1. Understanding GBM tumor immune microenvironment and therapy resistance mechanism using CODEX and multiplex cytokine analysis
2. Systematic assessment of SARS-CoV-2 neurotropic capacity in critically ill and COVID-19 patients
3. Clinical assessment of CAR-T cell based therapies for GBM patients
4. Establishing new fluid and image-based biomarkers to investigate the survival and treatment response in GBM patients
Deniz Kaymak (MD)
MD-PhD student (2021-present)
1. Investigating the role of Inhibitor of DNA-binding 1 (ID1) in tumor-associated microglia and its potential implication in local immunosuppression in glioblastoma.
2. Establishing patient-derived Glioblastoma Organoids and its application as a cancer model.
Jean-Louis Boulay (PhD)
Scientist and lecturer in experimental and clinical oncology at the University Hospital of Basel/University of Basel.
1. Proteomic and genomic data mining of glioma for identifying novel diagnostic and therapeutic biomarkers.
2. Teaching activities at University of Basel include molecular genetics of glioma and advanced French language in medicine and health.